Porcelain Veneers in Melbourne
One of the most effective and popular procedures to achieve a flawless new smile is applying porcelain veneers. At Richmond Fine Dentistry you can be assured of getting the finest porcelain veneers Melbourne has to offer, in the comfort and convenience of our Richmond dental clinic.
What is a Porcelain Veneer?
Veneers are thin, tooth-coloured porcelain (ceramic) shells which bond to and cover the front of misshapen, rough or discoloured teeth. We arrange for careful crafting of the veneers at a dental laboratory, or craft them on-site using CEREC technology. We can match the veneers to the exact colour of your teeth.
What are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers can completely reshape your smile in as few as two appointments. They are a more conservative option than a full crown, and an ideal solution to close gaps, straighten crooked teeth, repair chips and cover permanent stains. They are strong, stain-resistant and almost painless to apply.
While a crown requires reshaping of your entire tooth, a veneer needs only minimal tooth enamel removal. Removing less enamel means the end result of a stronger tooth.
What is the Process of Getting Porcelain Dental Veneers?
Your consultation appointment with the Richmond Fine Dentistry team is the most important aspect of your treatment. We will discuss the result you desire, examine the health of your teeth and gums and discuss the colour shade. We also encourage you to ask questions regarding any aspect of your treatment. The preparation and placement of veneers requires careful planning.
The planning phase involves:
- The taking of upper and lower study models.
- Trial wax up on the study models in the laboratory where the proposed aesthetic scheme is developed.
- Sitting with you and the waxed up models to discuss, modify and sign off on your proposed new smile.
- This ‘blue-print’ is for the ceramist who will make the veneers.
- Complementary consultation with ceramicist to assess directly your shade/aesthetic requirements. Their involvement is vital for successful accomplishment of your required treatment outcome.
The preparation and modelling phase involves:
- Lightly buffing (removing approximately 0.5 mm of enamel) the surface of teeth to be treated. This enables a strong bond and will prevent your veneered teeth from appearing larger than your other natural teeth. Local anaesthetic will be administered to ensure you are completely comfortable.
- Taking an impression of your teeth to make a model. Our dental laboratory will use this model to craft your ceramic veneers. This will ensure a precise fit with your teeth and perfect alignment with your gumline, creating a natural looking smile.
- Waiting 1–2 weeks for the veneers to be made.
- Depending on your personal circumstance, we may affix temporary veneers while your permanent porcelain veneers are being made.
The fitting phase involves:
- Placing each veneer on their corresponding tooth before bonding to examine it for fit with your gumline and colour match. We will make any minor adjustments that are be required.
- Cleaning and etching your teeth to ensure a strong bond between your tooth and the veneers.
- Cementing each veneer in place with a formulated dental cement.
- Polishing the veneer to match your natural teeth.
It may take you a couple of weeks to become familiar with the feel of your new veneers. You may also need a follow-up appointment several weeks after receiving your veneers to check for gum irritation.
Do Porcelain Veneers Require Special Care?
Continuing with a regular oral hygiene routine is just as important for the longevity of your veneers as it is for your natural teeth. Even though your veneers are made from porcelain, they are still bonded to your natural teeth, which are still vulnerable to tooth decay and gum disease. Brushing at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and flossing once a day, in addition to regular appointments with the Richmond Fine Dentistry team, will keep your new smile looking beautiful for many years.
How Much Do Porcelain Veneers Cost in Melbourne?
No two patients visiting us are the same. Some patients may need one or two porcelain veneers to improve their smile’s appearance. Other patients may wish to have multiple veneers to amend a range of cosmetic situations.. So there is no entire veneers cost at our Richmond clinic. We will sit with you and tailor a personalised treatment plan, which may also include payment plan options.
For More Information
Contact us today to experience the freedom and renewed confidence that comes with having porcelain veneers.