In case you missed the latest Australian Dental Association (ADA) announcement, Melbourne dentists are now able to resume regular dental services again, as Level 1 restrictions are now in place. This announcement is great news for you, our staff, and a remarkable outcome for all of Australia.
Under COVID-19 Level 1 restrictions, all dental services can resume using standard precautions for people who do not meet epidemiological and clinical risk factors for COVID-19 infection transmission.
Given the current low rate of community transmission in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, it would be highly unlikely that we would have a COVID-19 patient present to the practice. However, if the situation arises, our staff can only provide urgent, emergency treatment under strict clinical guidelines for patients with a high or probable risk of infection.
For everyone’s safety, there a few changes you’ll notice when you visit us next:
- You’ll find hand sanitiser at the front desk. Please apply it when you approach reception,
- Our staff, including reception, are likely to be wearing face masks and gloves,
- We have staggered patient visits so that there will only be a maximum of three clients in the waiting room at the one time,
- You will be required to complete a laminated screening questionnaire which is sanitised after each use,
- We will take your temperature before the appointment,
- We will ask that you do not touch your face or mouth during your visit,
- Eftpos machines and pens are all sanitised after each use.
Further to this, all door handles and rails leading to, and inside the practice are sanitised every hour.
All of these practices are in addition to our strict hygiene practices which we undertake every day.
If you have any concerns or questions about coming in for your dental visit, please don’t hesitate to let us know.