Based on the growing concern with COVID-19 community transmission, The Australian Dental Association Victoria Branch (ADAVB) has recommended that dental practices implement restricted Level 2 dental procedures effective immediately. The recommendation to proceed to Level 2 is not mandatory; however, in the interests of patient and staff safety, we will be applying the advice.
What does this mean for you?
The restriction applies to all treatments that are likely to generate aerosols which may include the use of:
- high-speed handpieces without the use of rubber dam
- ultrasonic scalers
- surgical handpieces
In the instance that your dental care is urgent and requires the use of these tools, transmission-based precautions will apply.
Will my dental appointment be cancelled?
If you have an appointment booked with us in the coming weeks, we will call you to confirm the appointment time.
If your appointment needs to be postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will contact you in the coming days to reschedule.
The services we will continue providing includes:
- Digital radiographs, intraoral, panoramic and latest 3D cone beam scans
- Fillings and selected restorative procedures
- Pain relief including root canal therapy and extractions
- Management of soft tissue cases such as ulcers and denture irritation
- TMJ dysfunction management, soft tissue laser therapy
- Denture procedures, we have a mini-lab where we repair dentures
- Preventative procedures and tooth whitening
- Orthodontic assessments and treatment
Please continue to stay safe and maintain your good social distancing habits. Lidia, Jessa or Nina will be available to take all your enquires regarding your dental concerns.
As the situation is moving quickly, we will also closely monitor the Richmond area and keep you up to date if further restrictions are necessary.
In the meantime please keep safe.